So maybe you are like me and every once in a while you desire to wander in the pages other people are reading, videos others are watching, musings people are writing.
Maybe you are in search of something to wander into and get a bite of insight, a laugh, or an inspirational insight to chew on. Here is a list of a few things I’ve been getting into lately.
- With a paint brush as a bookmark–why I don’t know, but finding it rather fitting–I am very slowly, oh so slowly, reading Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster. Today’s take away:
To pray is to change. Prayer is the central avenue God uses to transform us. If we are unwilling to change, we will abandon prayer as a noticeable characteristic of our lives. The closer we come to the heartbeat of God the more we see our need and the more we desire to be conformed to Christ. William Blake tells us that our task in life is to learn to bear God’s “beams of love.” How often we fashion cloaks of evasion–beam-proof shelters–in order to elude our Eternal Lover. But when we pray God slowly and graciously reveals to us our hiding place, and sets us free from them.
- Ran across this treasure today. It was a sweet convicting reminder that it is worth it to continue on to feel better. Some days require music and movement in order to shake the blues and remain present. Check it out:
- Master’s student who loves to read multiple books at a time, none of which are textbooks…welcome the invention of audiobooks! You’d think I’d have caught on to this by now. Nope.My current listen: Brené Brown’s Rising Strong. But as of today, I have a list waiting for these ears 🙂
- This next post got me. It stuck with me this week, almost as if it was an invitation into the scene. Thankful for this friend and writer. If you are looking for wit, humor, raw honesty, and the moments we overlook in life, I dare you to explore more on this blog. Read slowly and enjoy.Haiku by Septemberwisteria
- Need some music to move to this week? I am so looking forward to digging into Johnnyswim’s new album “Georgia Pond”. I saw them last year here in the Holy City and they teased us with this song. So happy it made the cut:
Here’s to a new week! May you face it boldly, with every intention of tackling moments with passion and inspiration.