Here we are looping back to Monday again! Who’s ready?!
Some of us are returning from a turkey stuffed vacation and others of us are continuing the norm. Some of us are reassessing goals for the week, and reseting, hoping those goals do not get lost in hustle.
So from my life to yours…here’s a few fun things for your wind down tonight, before your wind up tomorrow.
- My Sunday evenings are spent shamelessly eagerly awaiting 8p. I will gladly admit I am a “oncer”. That’s right I dig my “Once upon a time”. Heroes, villains, redemption, magic, sappy moments that sometimes make me cry. Not to mention Jennifer Morrison is a total bad ass as a savior. You can find it from the beginning on Netflix.
photo credits: abc
- Audiobook (did I mention this grad school girl is loving the wonderful innovation of audiobooks) of this week and next week: Year of Yes: How to Dance it Out, Stand in the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes.I do not watch Grey’s nor any of her other shows. But this book has got me hooked. She is a fresh captivating writer and storyteller. She reads the audio version and it has had me dying laughing on more than one occasion. We might not have the same perspectives, but man I am learning a thing or two. Here is a taste through her TED talk:
- Experiments with old things becoming new and well…just new things. Its rare moments when I actually put down the work and books and create something out of thin air.
I experimented for the first time with chalk and charcoal and I am digging the feel of it and how messy my fingers look after.
This week, may you kick defeat in the teeth as you choose to be a hero, a good guy, a light giver.
May you dream, but may you ‘do’ in order to achieve your dreams. After all as Shonda says dreamers end up living in other people’s basements.
May you give your self the liberty to experiment with at least one thing this week. A recipe, a dance, an art medium, or a way you spend time with your kids…doesn’t have to be elaborate, just some form of “mixing it up”. Who knows you might enjoy it.
Peace to you!
So maybe you are like me and every once in a while you desire to wander in the pages other people are reading, videos others are watching, musings people are writing.
Maybe you are in search of something to wander into and get a bite of insight, a laugh, or an inspirational insight to chew on. Here is a list of a few things I’ve been getting into lately.
- With a paint brush as a bookmark–why I don’t know, but finding it rather fitting–I am very slowly, oh so slowly, reading Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster. Today’s take away:
To pray is to change. Prayer is the central avenue God uses to transform us. If we are unwilling to change, we will abandon prayer as a noticeable characteristic of our lives. The closer we come to the heartbeat of God the more we see our need and the more we desire to be conformed to Christ. William Blake tells us that our task in life is to learn to bear God’s “beams of love.” How often we fashion cloaks of evasion–beam-proof shelters–in order to elude our Eternal Lover. But when we pray God slowly and graciously reveals to us our hiding place, and sets us free from them.
- Ran across this treasure today. It was a sweet convicting reminder that it is worth it to continue on to feel better. Some days require music and movement in order to shake the blues and remain present. Check it out:
A Two-Step Formula for Feeling Better When I’m Down by Aimee Kollmansberger
- Master’s student who loves to read multiple books at a time, none of which are textbooks…welcome the invention of audiobooks! You’d think I’d have caught on to this by now. Nope.My current listen: Brené Brown’s Rising Strong. But as of today, I have a list waiting for these ears 🙂
- This next post got me. It stuck with me this week, almost as if it was an invitation into the scene. Thankful for this friend and writer. If you are looking for wit, humor, raw honesty, and the moments we overlook in life, I dare you to explore more on this blog. Read slowly and enjoy.Haiku by Septemberwisteria
- Need some music to move to this week? I am so looking forward to digging into Johnnyswim’s new album “Georgia Pond”. I saw them last year here in the Holy City and they teased us with this song. So happy it made the cut:
Here’s to a new week! May you face it boldly, with every intention of tackling moments with passion and inspiration.