Whew! I took up the challenge to write 31 days. By no means did I blog each day for those 31 days. However, I choose to not quit.
This week’s silence has much to do with the unexpected stressors of life. But in a still moment this weekend, I realize that this gives me life.
This space shared with you is a wonderful adventure.
This empty canvas to paint upon is where my heart is free to express.
If there is one thing I have learned through this challenge it is that I am wired to write. Some days I would sigh looking at the academic paper I knew I had to write before I allowed myself to write in this place. Why?
Because my heart was yearning to share with you. It was desiring to create something authentic.
We must feed the artist within, otherwise he slumbers and dies with lost potential. Between the work hours, the obligations, the housework, the meetings, the school work we must fight to keep the artist alive in us.
There is a message stored up in each of us. And listening ears are waiting to hear. Seeing eyes are waiting to gaze upon the beautiful expression.
What is the message you carry? What is the artful expression about to explode out of you?
May your unique expression stir so violently in you that you cannot ignore it any longer. May we be brave to let loose the artist within. And may we take the time to encourage others to not look like anyone but who they were meant to be.
May we reflect the image engraved on our hearts.
So maybe you are like me and every once in a while you desire to wander in the pages other people are reading, videos others are watching, musings people are writing.
Maybe you are in search of something to wander into and get a bite of insight, a laugh, or an inspirational insight to chew on. Here is a list of a few things I’ve been getting into lately.
- With a paint brush as a bookmark–why I don’t know, but finding it rather fitting–I am very slowly, oh so slowly, reading Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster. Today’s take away:
To pray is to change. Prayer is the central avenue God uses to transform us. If we are unwilling to change, we will abandon prayer as a noticeable characteristic of our lives. The closer we come to the heartbeat of God the more we see our need and the more we desire to be conformed to Christ. William Blake tells us that our task in life is to learn to bear God’s “beams of love.” How often we fashion cloaks of evasion–beam-proof shelters–in order to elude our Eternal Lover. But when we pray God slowly and graciously reveals to us our hiding place, and sets us free from them.
- Ran across this treasure today. It was a sweet convicting reminder that it is worth it to continue on to feel better. Some days require music and movement in order to shake the blues and remain present. Check it out:
A Two-Step Formula for Feeling Better When I’m Down by Aimee Kollmansberger
- Master’s student who loves to read multiple books at a time, none of which are textbooks…welcome the invention of audiobooks! You’d think I’d have caught on to this by now. Nope.My current listen: Brené Brown’s Rising Strong. But as of today, I have a list waiting for these ears 🙂
- This next post got me. It stuck with me this week, almost as if it was an invitation into the scene. Thankful for this friend and writer. If you are looking for wit, humor, raw honesty, and the moments we overlook in life, I dare you to explore more on this blog. Read slowly and enjoy.Haiku by Septemberwisteria
- Need some music to move to this week? I am so looking forward to digging into Johnnyswim’s new album “Georgia Pond”. I saw them last year here in the Holy City and they teased us with this song. So happy it made the cut:
Here’s to a new week! May you face it boldly, with every intention of tackling moments with passion and inspiration.
Stepping over the threshold under green awning
familiar rhythm and song, unique territory.
Experience and Knowledge back me,
Culture runs through these veins,
fresh atmosphere I breath in.
Just as those old ones,
these walls are pregnant with a story to tell.
A waft of bold aroma enlightens the senses,
carrying me back to day one.
Being welcomed into a community of artists and influencers.
That place of beginnings held many journeys.
An addict no longer held down,
a gang of grey haired men enjoying company,
a restaurant owner doing business and family,
an evening dweller in search of a friend.
Lite frothing sounds allure me back.
These unfamiliar walls encase story as well.
There’s a faint salt smell as the door swings shut.
Buzzing in the corner amidst students,
and a pure intent seen in the faith man scribbling away.
If these walls could speak,
I’m sure they’d tell a tale,
of lives impacted by artists and influencers.
Now joining those, faintly the walls whisper,
And Im sure I heard my name in the chatter.